Supporting Your Children, Visitation rights Parental Legal rights


Why Do Narcissist even Fight for CHILD Custody? | Toxic Parents

Video taken from the channel: SONA Awareness


What Happens to Child Support When One Parent Moves Out of State?

Video taken from the channel: AskTheLawyers™


Why 50/50% Custody WITH NO CHILD SUPPORT Should Be The Standard In All 50 States

Video taken from the channel: Red Pill Men’s Health


Does Parenting Time Affect Child Support?

Video taken from the channel: Command the Courtroom


Child Support & Custody Recent Cases Update 2020, Family Law MCLE BY BHBA

Video taken from the channel: Beverly Hills Bar Association


Petition to Terminate Parental Rights

Video taken from the channel: Kysa Crusco


Father’s Rights in Child Custody: 3 Steps For Success

Video taken from the channel: Command the Courtroom

The custodial parent must comply with the visitation schedule (sometimes called a parenting plan) established by the court. This is true even if the non-custodial parent is not paying. Child support and visitation are two separate issues. However, if a father doesn’t pay, he can get in trouble with the court.

If a father neglects this financial obligation, a court could find him in. Parental rights include things such as the right to visitation, to receive information about your child’s health care, to consult with the other parent regarding the child’s education, and even to possibly receive a portion of your child’s earnings (your previous divorce decree, court order, or state statutes should outline what rights. A child visitation agreement is between two parties with the shared goal of creating a visitation schedule with their child.

The arrangement outlines each parent’s visitation rights, their duties. Child custody issues are never easy and visitation is often a primary concern of individuals going through a divorce. As an initial matter, it’s important to know your state’s child custody laws and find answers to common custody and visitation legal questions.Next, below you will find some of the most frequently asked questions regarding parental visitation rights.

And where a nonlegal parent offers to help support the children in exchange for visitation or custody rights, most courts say no. In some states, second-parent adoption may be available even if you and. The court establishes visitation rights at the time of the divorce. Yet, many non-custodial parents paying child support complain that their former spouse does not honor these. Biological parents have a right to seek child visitation or child custody.

This is true regardless of whether the child’s parents were married when the child was born. Like other child. Keep in mind that a child support order is separate from child custody and visitation, so you cannot refuse to let the other parent see the children just because he or she is not making the child support payments that the court ordered. And you cannot refuse to pay child support just because the other parent is not letting you see your children.

Failure to pay child support is a common reason a parent may deny visitation with the other parent. However, child support and child visitation are two separate matters. The court could sanction a.

List of related literature:

Conversely, a custodial parent may not interfere with the child’s visitation on the grounds that the non-custodial parent has failed to pay child support.

“Fundamentals of American Law” by Alan B. Morrison, New York University. School of Law, William J. Brennan
from Fundamentals of American Law
by Alan B. Morrison, New York University. School of Law, William J. Brennan
Oxford University Press, 1996

Furthermore, the court automatically assigns visitation rights when levying child—support obligations.

“Doing the Best I Can: Fatherhood in the Inner City” by Kathryn Edin, Timothy J. Nelson
from Doing the Best I Can: Fatherhood in the Inner City
by Kathryn Edin, Timothy J. Nelson
University of California Press, 2013

Noncustodial parents have a legal right to visitation, allowing them to spend time with their child.

“Encyclopedia of New York State” by Peter Eisenstadt
from Encyclopedia of New York State
by Peter Eisenstadt
Syracuse University Press, 2005

Another issue is that child support payments are not tied to child visitation.

“The Role of the Father in Child Development” by Michael E. Lamb
from The Role of the Father in Child Development
by Michael E. Lamb
Wiley, 2010

The state supreme court held that the state statute granting visitation rights to “any parent” at “any time” (Wash.

“Modern Family Law: Cases and Materials” by D. Kelly Weisberg
from Modern Family Law: Cases and Materials
by D. Kelly Weisberg
Wolters Kluwer, 2020

Most courts will not relieve a parent of his or her obligation to supply child support solely on the basis that the custodial parent had denied that parent his or her court-ordered visitation rights.

“Introduction to Law for Paralegals: A Critical Thinking Approach” by Katherine A. Currier, Thomas E. Eimermann
from Introduction to Law for Paralegals: A Critical Thinking Approach
by Katherine A. Currier, Thomas E. Eimermann
Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, 2019

When gaining parental rights through the court, the father needs to prove his degree of attachment and commitment to the child.

“Inclusive Primary Teaching: A critical approach to equality and special educational needs and disability” by Janet Goepel, Helen Childerhouse, Sheila Sharpe
from Inclusive Primary Teaching: A critical approach to equality and special educational needs and disability
by Janet Goepel, Helen Childerhouse, Sheila Sharpe
Critical Publishing, 2015

State court decisions hold that noncompliance with visitation orders does not affect the child support obligation.

“Family Law” by Leslie Joan Harris, June R. Carbone, Lee E. Teitelbaum, Rachel Rebouche
from Family Law
by Leslie Joan Harris, June R. Carbone, et. al.
Wolters Kluwer, 2018

Child support is increased, his pay is garnished, and her custody/visitation order is amended.

“The Military Divorce Handbook: A Practical Guide to Representing Military Personnel and Their Families” by Mark E. Sullivan, American Bar Association. Section of Family Law
from The Military Divorce Handbook: A Practical Guide to Representing Military Personnel and Their Families
by Mark E. Sullivan, American Bar Association. Section of Family Law
American Bar Association, 2006

The Court observed: “When an unwed father demonstrates a full commitment to the responsibilities of parenthood by coming forward to participate in the rearing of his child, his interest in personal contact with his child acquires substantial protection under the due process clause.

“Constitutional Law: Principles and Policies” by Erwin Chemerinsky
from Constitutional Law: Principles and Policies
by Erwin Chemerinsky
Wolters Kluwer, 2019

Oktay Kutluk

Kutluk Oktay, MD, FACOG is one of the world's foremost experts in fertility preservation as well as ovarian stimulation and in vitro fertilization for infertility treatments. He developed and performed the world's first ovarian transplantation procedures as well as pioneered new ovarian stimulation protocols for embryo and oocyte freezing for breast and endometrial cancer patients.

Mail: [email protected]
Telephone: +1 (877) 492-3666

Bibliography: oktay_bibliography

View all posts


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • why dont you talk about women abandoning their family for whomever, the women dont care for children nor can the raise healthy kids like a father can.

  • Doesn’t this go for a mother aswell? The reason why a mother is able to be a mother is because of what the father did on his part. It takes two to raise a child. Now that a mother is single and now a single parent what can she bring to the table? You just said we both shared the responsibility so now she is alone how can she play a fathers roll or provide what the father had provided? A healthy child must have both a father and a mother in their life. There fast to ask the father what can he do, This should also go for the mother aswell. A father is no less than the mother. A father loves his children just a much as a mother and will do anything for their children.

  • Thank you for your wisdom ma’am! Sincerely a concerned loving caring daddy / Papa that only wants what’s best for them! Paul Hampton.

  • My court case has just started and I currectly have set visitation 2days out of the week, can I ask for more time? Can she give me time outside of the temporary court order? I’m in Texas.

  • It’s simple, create equal parenting, eliminate child support under false pretenses and have follow up court dates. I’m for equality not here on biased agenda, nor sexist, just equal.

  • Take womens right to vote away and fire all female judges and attorneys before they collapse the usa. Only thing this woman should be running is a daycare. Dirty attorney

  • Unfortunately my ex won’t do that. My ex hasn’t done anything that was ordered. I love your advice my ex hasn’t done anything in the best interests I’m in conjugal abuse and the kids It’s difficult

  • I agree! If you can’t support your child half the time you shouldn’t have them half the time. The courts truly don’t care! 50/50 custody no child support!

  • Please anyone who can help your contribution is greatly appreciated

  • How do I do it when it comes to filling taxes����‍♂️ he lives with her but my goal is for him to live two weeks with me two weeks with her

  • Wendy, this is excellent.

    Please get licensed in MO & KS. We need you, or more like you. Here. In KC as a Metro needs attorneys JUST LIKE YOU, Ma’am.

    Like COMES NOW.

    Pro Se Litigants like myself, who persevere and less so, prevail, are few and far between, I’ve come to realize. Most give up. Hope. Regardless of gender.

    Money equals power equals threats and intimidation. Human Persons of weak will…give in. Give up. THIS. CAN. NOT. BE.

    Who does it hurt? Little Ones who know not what’s going on. At all! Only discord, mayhem, interruption and malice. In their very young lives. NONE of that is A GOOD THING®, to quote that felon, Martha Stewart. I trust she’s learnt her lessons, though they are in a different matter entirely. The notion holds true. Or Spike Lee’s “Do the Right Thing.” FOR THEM.

    Please also push in your Great State of Arizona, and everywhere else, for what Washington State has: Limited License Legal Technicians. Licensure to litigate, basically. On paper. Not in person, to “speak for,” a Litigant in Court. Merely the “leg work.” Stuff people don’t have the time, money or wherewithal to prosecute.

    Is that a threat to the money-making universe of Family Law? You better believe it is. But, if an attorney or firm thereof who stand to gain when a child stands to lose as a result of clearing Court Dockets quicker entails? Please.

    Let’s stop fooling around. WITH KIDS LIVES. Full Stop.

    #tyvm Basquino

  • I suffered my whole life when my mom lost that custody battle, i love my dad he does nothing wrong, but I can bear life with no dad, but with no mom, i’m stuck, I loved her so much kids should get to testify in the custody battles.

  • What about it’s not in the agreement that they are following word by word that you only get a certain time and that is strictly what they follow and that is the reason why they won’t let you have more time with the child

  • I am getting ready to go to court and sought legal advice. I appreciate your advice. I was absent in my children’s lives for 3 years. I own it! There are underlying conditions. But my love has never stopped. I have my life together and pay my child support and tried to contact my children. One phone call and she blocked my contact. All I wanted was to slowly progressive get in contact. I was advised to make a call every day to try. And I am. I love my children. Divorce is tough especially when your children call you by your first name and the step dad by daddy. I went into a deep depression and withdrew contact from the entire world. The only thing that saved me was my eldest daughter and son contacting me and telling me that they love me and to get back their brothers. As of today I am perusing legal action. I haven’t smiled this much since my divorce. My attorney advised me to call every day since she won’t answer my call and try. Alienation is real and it not only affects your children. But it also affects you emotionally as well. Always remember there is a light at the end of a dark tunnel, even if you can’t see the light at the end halfway through.

  • My children are still very young. 8,6,3 and 1. It’s been two years with minimal contact between my oldest daughters. And my three year old. My son who is one I have never met.

    Their mothers have a history of tricks, manipulation and dishonesty as far as concerns my involvement with the children. They are dropped off early or on time and not picked up unless it is on her terms.

    Contact between their mothers and I are normally me being very open honest and genuine. Their responses to me are man bashing, consistent trash talking my life my wife and my ambitions.
    Meanwhile I reserve my resolve, and just dream up ways to solidify parenting time.
    I feel like ceasing contact and having minimal contact for the last two years is going to work against me. But I also feel like since this is early in my sons lives I’ll be in favor there.

    All that I am after is parenting time with less parental contact (me and mom don’t get along well) my children love me and I love them. Which would be easily displayed if they were asked or if we saw one another.

  • what if for some reason you cant see the children often as you would like? as for me i only get phone calls because i live so far away from them, how can i convince the judge that moving my children to were i live will be benefical?
    do i write and plan for education? and a plan for visiting the other parent like meeting half ways?

    im trying to get full custody but i only get phone calls and i havent seen my children in 1 year?

  • my child mother died ayear ago n her sister put my sons in her name i was out state at work i left him with his mother n then i came to take him.. his mom died from durgs n she gave to her sister n i lost my house cuz of her n now my so is with her sister she toll lies about me that i never did in my life what should i do

  • What if i was the primary care taker? She hated taking care of my daughter, she would cry with her alot so I went partime a few days a week and she worked full time.

  • What if they took off to a different state without permission or consent, I am able to see my kids, she put a restraining order on me so I won’t see my kids but I am able to see my kids, I have no court order that says I can’t see my kids, they took off without consent so I f I go to court can I make them pay transportation because they moved out of state without consent, it’s not my problem they did there action without adknowledgement, violating custody agreement threw penal code without both consent

  • I get 1 HOUR supervised a week based on false abuse charges. I payed all the bills with my military retirement and was the stay at home parent. The Narc ex wife got restraining order while I was in hospital for depression from the divorce and false abuse charges and while I was in she got a permenant restraing order. Said I was mad at her so I dropped my son on the concrete which is obviosily rediculous (no evidence). I have to pay $1,000 a month in child support and $450 for the supervised visits. It is INSANE. On top of that she tells my 6 year old daughter to be afraid of me when I never laid a hand on any of my kids ever. Never once even spanked them and I have to be supervised. The system is BROKE

  • What if I live in Australia and my kids lives in New Zealand? How the hell am I going to be able to spend more time when they are a 5 hr plane flight away? I really want to but feel like I’m hitting a brick wall

  • I understand your point.
    Although what happen when the ex moved 100 miles away from there home town with the children
    I must say it’s quite difficult to hold a great relationship being so far away. Thanks

  • Wendy did ever occur to you the system is corrupt to the core designed to support the judges, court officers, clerks pensions. Ohh I forgot to mention the filthy lawyers.. documentary “divorce corp”

  • Thanks for sharing your insight. It’s much appreciated. I just left an abusive relationship about 2 months ago and filed for divorce. I foolishly cancelled it after she begged me to and we pursued couples counseling. Nothing has improved and the fighting continues so im ready to refile. My wife is a stay at home mom, and we have a 3 year old (together) and a 9 yr old son (hers prior to us meeting). My goal is to get equal custody over both of them, both physical and legal. My lawyer had said that even though I’m not the biological father of my stepson, that the courts should rule in his best interest and Grant me rights. I’m the only father he has ever had and have been in his life since he was 4. My wife loves to threaten that I’ll never get to see him, and only get visitation for our daughter. She also threatens that I’ll be paying her lawyer fees as well. How likely is any of this? Do I have a chance in getting equal custody over both kids? Will I have to pay her legal fees? I am staying at my parents because I can’t afford paying her bills plus rent of my own.. will I have to prove abuse to get what I feel that I deserve? I just don’t know how bad this is going to get. I’m dealing with someone with a lot of cluster B personality traits here.. I’ve done everything with my kids. When I wasn’t working, I was spending time with themevery evening and every weekend for the past 2 years I’d go straight home and care for the kids while she sat in a different room on her computer and phone while drinking beer. I helped with the homework, ate with them, played, took our son to every sports practice and school event by myself, and tucked them both in at night by myself. Besides caring for our toddler during the day, I feel that ive carried the bulk of the load the past few years.
    I appreciate any advice here. Do I have a chance? Is it better to settle out of court or let a judge decide our fate? I know the second I claim abuse, she’ll cry it back.. thanks. Also, Im not wealthy, so crazy legal fees are going to be a problem.

  • I asked my sons mother and she won’t let me see him at all and only time she talk to me is to see who I’m in relationship with and when I make it about my son she cuts it off right then and there. She even told me if I didn’t marry her she would keep him from me and I’m still waiting to see him but now I have a attorney so I can’t wait to be in his life and do things. She don’t even have him doing anything or getting out at all. I offered to help with clothes and meds and she said ” I have 3 kids I been doing it all alone I’m a single married mom” but yet I offer help and she turns my offering down

  • In many situations such as mine, the child is with the mother all the time because the mother is simply alienating the father from his child, and if you make an effort to see the child, you have to deal with the abuse from that parent. This also goes for some fathers who are alienating the mother as well. I have been alienated since the child’s birth 16 years ago. And it is not getting better. That ATM CARD that gives the mother access to my money is the big problem. I have no leverage

  • I just got a letter in the mail saying I owe a yearly fee now. Of 25 bucks a year, so in total I owe fees of 100 for 4 years.
    I’m already paying monthly almost 500 bucks on CS.
    I’ve never once gotten to meet my son. She wouldn’t even give him my last name.
    Another sidenote. The CS that I’ve been paying is off what I used to make before I had my accident. I’m now on SSI because I can’t work. I have a severe TBI. The CS is just over half of my monthly income now.
    My sister has 2 kids with her ex. She’s lucky to see 100 a month from him for my nieces.
    But here I am stuck paying almost 500 a month for one kid.
    This is some bullshit.

  • My baby mom won’t allow my kids to receive gift from me, she wants money only? I feel that wrong I should be able to give my kids Christmas presents instead of giving her money, how should I go about that

  • So if I have had shared legal custody since my kid was 6 months old, and the mother is unfit based on many factors, what can I do to show the court that I am the better option? I have been taking care of kids since I was a young teen and my 3 year old literally says that he does not want to go to his moms house. I have never once said anything bad about her to my son, but he has been losing his shit since he was just about a year and a half, ever time he has to go with her. To me that spells a clear problem, and even one time he came to my home with very suspicious marks that were all nearly identical and in a patter down his leg. I had this presented to the courts and I had called CYS. I was granted temporary sole custody until the matter was resolved because the judge thought the marks were suspicious too. The issue ended up getting thrown out and she still has shared custody of my son. Something like this would have stripped all my rights away but because she is the mother they basically blew it off. I’m talking about a child that wasn’t even two years old looking like he was smacked with a rod in three spots with lines seperated by only a few inches and all in the same direction. At this point I feel very let down by the courts.

  • I was the primary care giver as s stay at home dad, and she is neglecting care of the kids when they are with her. What is the best course of action to ensure the safety and custody of the kids

  • Ive been poorly treated by my childs mother and lost custody over a false claim for ovwr 8 months now. I need help getting him back in my life. I make too much for legal aid and too less for 2000 dollar retainer to keep my attourney.

  • This video shows there is a bias against fathers with the courts. Guys don’t ever marry a woman. Avoid the headache and keep your money.